Stay on-time and on-point for your cat's needs.
- Litterbox Guidelines
- Fill: Fill your litter box with 3 to 4 inches of Scoop Away® litter.
- Maintenance: Remove clumps and solids daily, and dispose in trash. Do not flush. The rest of the litter stays fresh. Add more Scoop Away® litter as necessary to replace what you remove.
- Disposal: Once a month, empty entire litter box. Dispose of contents in the trash.
- Be sure to wash hands after handling used cat litter.
- Grooming Guidelines
- Brush: once a week for shorthair, once daily for longhair
- Nail Clipping: as needed
- Bathing: as needed
- Vaccination Guidelines *
- Rabies: 4 weeks old
- Panleukopenia virus (distemper): 8 weeks old
- Feline calicvirus (FCV): 8 weeks old
- Feline herpes virus (rhinotracheitis): 8 weeks old
- The rabies vaccine usually requires boosters every 1-3 years, depending on the type of vaccine used. The following three require annual booster shots for a few years thereafter. Cats will only need vaccinations every 3 years after the initial series.
Others (if considered at-risk):
Feline immunodeficiency virus (feline AIDS or FIV)
Feline Leukemia (FeLV)
* Source: ASPCA